Have questions about a recipe, cooking techniques, cooking tools or ingredients? Hosting your first dinner party or holiday gathering and need some ideas or tips?
Marilyn, our Cooking School Manager, is here to answer all of your cooking questions. We will protect your anonymity so feel free to ask anything, even the questions you never dared to ask about cooking. From novice to pro, this advice column is for food people, by food people.
Ask the questions you want answered!
Email CLASS@SouthernSeason.com with subject, “Ask Marilyn”
Here is the recipe from our Executive chef Ryan Payne. We hope you enjoy them!
Pimento Cheese Fritters
Makes 40 portions
17 oz shredded Cheddar
6 oz shredded pepper jack
8 oz cream cheese
2 oz mayonnaise
1 tsp paprika
1/2 small shallot, minced
1 tsp Cajun spice
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
5 oz pimentos, drained and chopped
2 cups all purpose flour
8 eggs, cracked and beaten
12 cups panko bread crumbs
1. Mix all the ingredients together, except cheddar, pepper jack, eggs, flour and panko, in a mixer with a paddle attachment.
2. Then add the cheddar and pepper jack, and mix well.
3. Portion the pimento cheese mixture you just made using a one ounce scoop, roll into balls, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Dip the pimento cheese balls into the flour, and let chill for 15 minutes.
5. Bread the cheese balls by dipping into the egg and then the panko. Repeat this step – double breading will allow you to fry them without bursting.
6. In a 350 degree fryer, fry until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook, as they will bust and all the cheese will come out.
7. Serve with Peggy Rose’s Hot Pepper Jelly from our store.