Have questions about a recipe, cooking techniques, cooking tools or ingredients? Hosting your first dinner party or holiday gathering and need some ideas or tips?
Marilyn, our Cooking School Manager, is here to answer all of your cooking questions. We will protect your anonymity so feel free to ask anything, even the questions you never dared to ask about cooking. From novice to pro, this advice column is for food people, by food people.
Ask the questions you want answered!
Email CLASS@SouthernSeason.com with subject, “Ask Marilyn”
I really enjoy summer melons and could eat them every day. What is your favorite melon dish?- Juanita
I have the simplest recipe that is so delicious. The lime juice adds just a little acidity to make the whole salad pop. Plus, the honey complements the melon’s sweetness perfectly. The ginger is optional, but really delicious.
Melon Salad with Lime and Honey
• 2 medium melons, cubed into bite size pieces
• ½-cup honey
• ½-cup lime juice
• ¼-cup mint leaves, julienned
• 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger
• ½-cup dried cantaloupe, sliced
1. Combine honey and lime juice with a whisk.
2. Stir in mint, ginger and dried cantaloupe.
3. Toss with melon and serve.