- Product Overview
- Shipping Details
July 2015 Wine Case
July Wine Case
Dignitat Cava, Spain
– A blend of indigenous Xarel-lo, Paralleda and Macabeo, this lovely sparkling shows pale straw yellow color. Fine and persistent bubbles. Clean and bright appearance. Soft aging aroma with signs of flower, ripe fruit and toasted tones. Vivacious in the mouth with a correct carbonic presence. Nice equilibrium between acidity and sugars. The aftertaste is long and soft. Very clean retro nose.
Dignitat Blanc, Catalonia Spain
- 100 % Garnatxa blanca (Grenache blanc) from young vines (10-30 years) in traditional system with a maximum yield of 3500 kg/ha. Grown at an altitude of 350 - 500 meters in clay, calcareous soils and stones. Climate: At 35 miles from the sea Terra Alta is dominated by two winds: the 'cerç,' which is cold and dry, and the 'matinada,' which is humid and warm. Fermentation is in stainless steel tanks. The wine is very fresh with tropical notes of citrus and re-enforces the first impression in the nose. A very crisp and sweet fruit aroma with a nice body and roundness and a lasting aftertaste. Ideal with fish in sauce, Mediterranean rice dishes and pasta
Ouro Vinho Verde, Minho Portugal
- The Minho region of northern Portugal is where wineries make the country's famous vinho verde (green wine) that are low in alcohol and meant to be drunk young. Caves da Cerca is one of the principal crafters of these delightful wines. Almost clear in color, the wine has lemon zest and herbs on the nose. Clean, light citrus flavors introduce themselves on the palate, along with a slight spritz to tickle the tongue. A refreshing tartness takes over on the close. It's a splendid choice (and value) for hot days. Pairs well with fish, chicken, raw vegetables, appetizers and creamy cheeses.
Champteloup Sauvignon Blanc, Touraine France
- Crisp, clean, minerally Sauvignon with lifted, gooseberry freshness. The grapes for this vibrant Loire Sauvignon are drawn from some of the best Touraine vineyards situated on the hollowed tufa soils that contribute the dry, mineral character of good Loire Sauvignon. Champteloup Oenologist Serge de Bucy, in consultation with Angela Muir, MW, extracted the finest citrus fruit flavors from the best vats of the vintage. The resulting wine has superb intensity of flavor and length.
Cuvee Marin Cotes du Gascogne, France
- The blend of Colombard, Gros Manseng and Sauvignon Blanc gives a light mineral character. The wine is very fresh, very crisp and finely layered, with a depth of herbaceous and green fruit flavors
Indomita Chardonnay Gran Reserve, Casablanca Chile
- This wine has a bright golden color with aromas of creamy tropical fruits. Made from hand-picked 100% chardonnay grapes from the Casablanca Valley, the wine benefits from the proximity to the Pacific Ocean and the Andes Mountains. Pleasant, full and drinkable, this wine offers a great price quality ratio.
Sola Merlot, Napa Valley California
– Sourced from some of the top vineyard sites in Napa Valley, cherry, cinnamon and cedar is what you first detect from this Merlot, while picking up a lush mouth feel of cola and raspberry on the finish. An accomplished wine from a varietal that receives very little respect.
Vylyan Portugeuiser, Villany, Hungary
- Portugieser is the most common grape variety in Villány. This is a velvety light wine with an emphasis on fruits, making it a lovely wine for everyday drinking. The taste of red berries is enhanced with just a touch of spiciness. In the ancient local legend this wine represents the cat, proud and independent but smooth, which is why it was named 'Macska'.
Emma Pearl Merlot, Central Coast California
- The Merlot from Emma Pearl is delightful to drink. With the Merlot vineyards located in the heart of California's Central Coast in Paso Robles, this fruit is subject to lots of sunshine and cool breezes from the coast. This wine also has a winemaker who has a passion she has developed all over the country. This wine is smooth as it hits the palette with a silky texture, and flavors of dark berries and spicy notes mixed with a hint of vanilla.
Indomita Carmenere Gran Reserva, Maipo Chile
- Led by Roberto Carranca, the young and dynamic winemaking team at Viña Indomita skillfully craft wines from their great vineyard holdings in two of Chile's very best regions. Viña Indomita benefits from having the best climates for both whites and reds. The result of the Pacific's icy Humboldt current and early morning fog is an intense, almost black, red color. Aromas of red and black wild berries, truffle, paprika, pepper and clove. The round and silky body so characteristic of ripe Carménère offers a pleasant, persistent and full experience.
Tessallae Old Vines Carignan, Cotes Catalanes Spain
- The 2012 VDP Cotes Catalanes Tessellae is 100% old vine Carignan, aged ten months in concrete tank, that comes from vineyards in Maury and Les Aspres (both of which have schist soils). An old-world styled fruit-bomb, with its massive and decadently-styled blackberry fruit, spice, licorice and plum, this full-bodied effort has no hard edges, beautiful purity of fruit and a seamless texture that stays nicely focused and clean. Enjoy this sexy, voluptuous beauty over the coming 4-5 years (although I suspect it will last longer as well). 92 Points Wine Advocate
La Fage Tessallae Old Vines Cotes du Roussillon
– From Eric Solomon, this is a blend of Grenache MNoir (50%), Syrah (40%) and Mourvedre (10%). It was aged 12 months in concrete tanks prior to being bottled unfiltered. It boasts an expansive, intense, complex bouquet of garrigue, strawberries and black cherries intermixed with a hint of spring flowers, a velvety texture and a voluptuous mouthfeel. This beautiful, soft, round, seductive red should drink well for 4-5 years. Robert Parker 93 Points.
Our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to discuss with you prior to ordering any weather-related concerns, available options and special handling charges.
During warm weather, we revise the contents in our gift baskets and other assortments to eliminate items which may be damaged by heat. We substitute non-perishable merchandise of equal or greater value, yielding a basket which will arrive in perfect condition without the need for express delivery.